Kapesovo is one of the most beautiful villages of Zagori. It is 45 km from Ioannina and is built on the outskirts of Gradista at an altitude of about 1150m. It is densely built as a fortress with many traditional houses with distinctive murals.
At the entrance of the village there is the Assumption Church, built in 1763. The center of the village is dominated by the Paschaleios School (built in 1861 and is one of the most important educational buildings Zagori) - where one of the four original copies of the Charter of Rigas Fereos is kept. In the village square with the traditional Plane, is the church of St. Nicholas from 1793 crafted with significant paintings by Kapesovo hagiographers.
Kapesovo is known for its painters, who worked in many churches of Epirus in the 18th and 19th century. Kapesovo was residence of important people such as Ioannis Karamesini, son of Alexis Noutsos, associates of Ali Pasha and Paschalis brothers, who built the Paschaleios School.
Just outside the village is the 'Vradeto Staircase" a vertical stone path that leads to the next village, Vradeto. Until 1973 it was the only road connecting Vradeto with the outside world.